Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Day Prep

A quick post before I get ready to head out for an exciting New Years Eve!

While out and about running errands, I saw so many girls popping into Akira, Express, Anthropologie, nail salons, and hair salons getting fixed up for tonight. Instead, I was gathering last minute ingredients and serving pieces for a New Years Day Friends and Family Brunch that boyfriend and I are hosting. I may be 24, but I have the personality of a 28-year-old, that's for sure. 

Boyfriend helped me prep as much as possible tonight so that tomorrow morning we can wake up and just pop a few things into the oven. He even cleaned the apartment while I finished up in the kitchen. Isn't he great!? Parties are the perfect excuse to give your place the cleaning it's been needing for a while, and I'm hoping it stays this organized.

 The menu came from a Christmas Brunch article in December 2012 issue of "Martha Stewart Living" and includes a spinach-and-fontina strata, winter fruit salad with basil syrup, cider-braised slab bacon, cheddar-apricot puffs, and doughnuts filled with grapefruit-vanilla jelly (doughnuts from a 12/2011 "Bon Appetit" magazine. How grown-up is that!? 


Boyfriend even helped me chop 2 lbs of spinach for the strata. 





I really hope I have enough food. I even got out our drip coffee maker, will brew up some tea, and will be serving pear bellinis and, of course, mimosas.
 
I hope you all have a fun, safe night, surrounded by people you love when the ball drops. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Tequila?