Thursday, May 30, 2013

I had a loooong day...

Tuesday was such a long day at work, followed by teaching a group fitness class in the evening. And look what I came home to!


My darling boyfriend found the recipe I was hoping to make and he started it! Having an extra hand in the kitchen always makes a huge difference...I should probably go buy him some ice-cream for being so great, huh?

We grabbed this pork scaloppine recipe from 3/2013 issue of Martha Stewart Living. This recipe was really easy, and totally boyfriend-friendly. I think it was originally intended to be a dinner party recipe, but I bought pork chops instead of a large pork loin to save a few bucks - and it's just us two, we wouldn't eat all that pork...

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lb pork loin, cut crosswise into 6 slices  (or a few pork chops, like I did)
  • coarse salt and pepper
  • all-purpose flour for dredging
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 3 T unsalted butter, divided
  • 1 T salt-packed capers, rinsed and chopped - I skipped the capers...neither of us are big fans. 
  • 1 T chopped fresh rosemary leaves
  • 1 T chopped fresh sage leaves
  • 1/2 c. dry white wine
  • 4 c. arugula, tough stems trimmed

Pound out pork slices or chops and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Let stand for 10 minutes, while you chop up the herbs. 

Heat 1 T oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, then add 1 T butter and melt. Add pork slices in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until both sides are golden brown and pork is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Don't forget...it's important for pork to be FULLY cooked! Transfer to a serving platter and loosely cover with foil until finished cooking all meat.


Add capers (if using) and herbs and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, just until fragrant, less than 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in remaining T. butter and pour sauce over pork. Add arugula to platter and drizzle with oil. 




This recipe gets big points with me. Boyfriend really enjoyed it. It was simple. It was pretty quick. Advertised time was 40 min to completion, I don't think it took that long though. I'd definitely recommend this as a weeknight quick cook. 

1 comment:

  1. I will try it) Great post

    http://www.lazyheelsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Tequila?