Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe HiLite: Veggie Tacos

This past week, the first full week of the new year, got me back on my cooking schedule, and thank god, because eating out for lunch and dinner all last week was making me feel blah...

I usually try to cook at least three nights during the week, and both nights of the weekend, unless we're going out for dinner. Cooking three nights per week is usually enough to provide me and boyfriend with food for lunch and dinner of leftovers when we work late.

This past week's menu included:


And the winner of the week, hands down, are Martha Stewart's Portobello and Zucchini Tacos. Quick, easy, delicious, and most importantly for the new year, healthy!


Just a few minutes chopping up some onion, portobello mushrooms, and zucchinis is all you need.



I straightened up the kitchen while the veggies roasted, and then tossed them all in soft taco shells. I topped our tacos with some cheese and a bit of Greek yogurt, but that wasn't even needed, they would have been tasty without the add-ons. And if we get bored with leftover tacos, we can always used the roasted zucchini and mushrooms in a salad, on a sandwich, or tossed with eggs for breakfast.




These veggie tacos were super quick and easy for a week night meal and were surprisingly filling. I planned on both of us eating two tacos, but they we only needed one each. 

Enjoy!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Tequila?