Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekly Spin Playlist

Because of the holidays, my Monday AM Spinning class was cancelled. This was the first week back to my regular schedule, and it felt so good to wake up at 5AM for Spinning...wait...ugh. 

Choosing a time to work out during the day has always been a big personal struggle for me. If I work out in the morning, I get to come home right after work, have dinner by 7:30-ish, and have the rest of the night to relax. But if I try to work out in the morning, I always run the risk of hitting snooze 5 times. And I drag my feet getting ready, so by the time I make it to the gym, I only have a quick 30 minutes to work out before it's time to hit the showers. 

If I work out in the evening, right after work, I usually get a better workout. Plus there's a larger class selection later in the evening. But then I don't eat dinner until closer to 8:30 or 9 and after I eat, all I want to do is hit the sack. 

At the end of the day, I get a better and longer workout in the evening, so that's usually what I stick to.What's your favorite time to work out?

And on that note, here's your weekly Spin Playlist. Have fun!

-->

Duration
Movement
Intensity
Technique/Notes
Song
Artist
4:38
Seated flat
65%
Warm-up. Take it easy. Get warm, you’ll need to get moving to finish this class
Run
Jamie Knight
4:04
Seated flat/Standing flat

2 minutes seated, 2 standing
I Don’t Wanna Be in Love
Good Charlotte
4:06
Standing climb/seated climb

30-second recovery. 2 minutes standing flat, 2 minutes seated flat
Save the Day
Train
3:48
Seated flat

30 second recovery, followed by 3 minutes seated flat.
Firework
Katy Perry
3:18
Standing flat

3 minutes standing flat
Flathead
The Fratellis
5:13
Jumps

Straight into jumps, with short breaks in between sets of 32
Ravers in the UK
BP
3:22
Standing hill

30-second recovery, then right into a standing hill. Crank on the resistance
We Used to Be Friends
Dandy Warhols
4:40
Seated hill

20-second recovery, then back up hill
Dani California
Red Hot Chili Peppers
2:17
Seated flat

Quick little “sprint” at 80%
Little of Your Time
Maroon 5
3:26
Standing hill

And back up hill, some rolling hills here
Maybe
Sick Puppies
3:21
Your choice
Your choice
Your choice. Last song. Make it count
Rude Boy
Rihanna
4:40
CD
CD
Cool Down
Pinch Me
Barenaked Ladies
3:30
CD
CD
Cool Down
Billionaire
Travis McCoy

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Tequila?