Thursday, June 13, 2013

I make my own sunshine.

Whenever life stresses me out, I gotta cook. Paying particular attention to a pot on the stove, a long, intricate recipe...it's like meditation with Wusthof knives.

After a particularly stressful work week last week, I put together this gorgeous citrus tart.


Naturally, I didn't save the recipe I used...but this is the closest I could find, from Southern Living However, I didn't use any coconut in my recipe...I did mix some orange zest into my crust, though.

This tart is pretty time-consuming, with all of the fruit slicing, and chilling the tart crust. But it's really easy!

Just make a crust.


Make some custard and put the custard into the tart. Stick it in the fridge for a bit to let it firm up. 



Slice up some citrus of your choice...red grapefruit, naval oranges, blood oranges, tangerines...whatever floats your boat!



Top the tart with citrus slices, and just try to eat a little slice.




This makes a really light dessert, and is great for a quick breakfast, too.



Kitchen assistant approved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Tequila?